EXPERIENCE LEGACY SHOW JUMPING
The mission of Legacy Show Jumping is achieving high visibility for the show jumping sport while creating a system of classes that will assist riders, owners and show managers in being represented and promoted.
TRACK LEADING HORSES AND RIDERS
- By tracking riders and show horses results at specific heights, a more accurate determination of performance and success can be obtained.
1) The Goal of Legacy Show Jumping is to designate a point system of high quality specific classes in each region (utilizing existing classes) that showcase the sport in a light that attracts and interests corporate sponsorship money.
2) Create a system that will assist managers in creating “an event” surrounding their class.
3) Present a program of promotion that will assist riders and managers in securing new sponsors and assist with media coverage.
4) Recognize that owners are the mainstay of the industry and should be treated as such.
Legacy Show Jumping will work closely with management in a effort to accomplish the following:
Media coverage-TV exposure
Owners appreciation..designate a specific show as the new “Owner Appreciation” show and cater to every aspect of the owners.
The demographics of participants and fan base in show jumping represents the most powerful consumer base in the world. Most importantly, the USA has begun to dominate the sport at all levels.
The USA is on top and we are bypassing this inherent value and giving it away to the Europeans.
It is a different sport in Europe, much cheaper and more prize money and spectator participation. Why? Because it is sponsored, pure and simple, and is utilized as a way for corporations to market their products. In short the sport is much more popular overseas.
So if the USA dominates the sport, has the largest economy in the world (California ranks about 10th in the world) and is the land of opportunity; then why can’t we compete for those sponsorship dollars? Of course we can and most of the hard work is already done.
Specifically, let us consider the real and undeveloped value that exists in a Tour in various regions, and eventually the entire nation.
Once developed this value could be “sold” to sponsors interested in the promotional value, and the funds could then be utilized to further improve the quality and promotional value of the sport. Currently the sport is funded by the participants and owners, and the whole industry is set up to function in this way.
Consequently there is no identified process or entity through which to capitalize on these values. This is a draft proposal to develop an entity and process to promote the sport of show jumping, which in my opinion is a win-win situation for everyone involved in the sport.
How would this be accomplished? Organization and good leadership. Eventually Legacy Show Jumping will endeavor to organize the leaders of the sport that unite in a common goal and move forward together to promote the sport and eventually cater to the late commercial sponsors who would underwrite the sport with advertising, they become the “clients”.